Lost US Passport in Austria? Americans Can Go to McDonald's For Help
Under a new partnership, outlets of the US fast food chain throughout Austria will help American citizens from Wednesday to get in touch with their embassy.
The logo of McDonalds is seen outside a shop in Vienna in Vienna, Austria (Reuters)
Vienna: Lost and hungry for help? American citizens who find themselves in distress in Austria can now seek support at an unusual address -- McDonald's.
Under a new partnership, outlets of the US fast food chain throughout Austria will help American citizens from Wednesday to get in touch with their embassy, it said on Facebook.
"Staff (at any McDonald's in Austria) will assist them in making contact with the US Embassy for consular services," the embassy wrote.
Consular services include reporting a lost or stolen passport or seeking travel assistance, the post said.
The US embassy did not immediately return a request for comment if Austria was the only country offering such services at McDonald's.
Facebook users commenting on the post wasted no time in coining terms such as "McVisa" and "McPassport".
While some hailed the move as "awesome", others seemed less impressed.
"Because apparently we are too incompetent to look up the us embassy online??" one user wrote.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring