Man Chokes to Death During Doughnut Eating Challenge
A man trying to eat a half-pound doughnut in 80 seconds as part of a doughnut shop's eating challenge has choked to death in Denver.
Images of the baked goods available adorn the windows of the storefront of Voodoo Doughnuts on East Colfax Avenue in Denver on Tuesday.(Image: AP)
Denver: A man trying to eat a half-pound doughnut in 80 seconds as part of a doughnut shop's eating challenge has choked to death in Denver.
The city coroner's office says 42-year-old Travis Malouff of Thornton died early Sunday of asphyxia due to obstruction of the airway.
Edelstein says people tried to help him when they realized he was choking. The coroner's office said Malouff died at the scene.
Portland, Oregon-based Voodoo Doughnuts didn't immediately return calls or emails seeking comment.
Denver news station KUSA-TV first reported Malouff's death.
Recommended For You
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) With 6-Inch Display, Dual Camera Setup Launched at Rs 10,999
- Ranveer Singh Thanks His 'Bae' Zoya Akhtar For Gully Boy, See Post
- Dhoni the Reason CSK Win Close Matches: Deepak Chahar
- Despite Being An Avenger, Tom Holland Doesn't Look 'Old Enough' To Buy Beer
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo