Man Shot Dead at Paris Orly Airport After Taking Soldier's Gun
Security forces at Paris' Orly airport on Saturday shot dead a man who took a weapon from a soldier, the interior ministry said.
A general view shows the Orly airport western terminal, near Paris, France. (Image: Reuters)
Paris: Security forces at Paris' Orly airport on Saturday shot dead a man who took a weapon from a soldier, the interior ministry said, adding that nobody was hurt in the incident.
Witnesses said the airport was evacuated following the shooting at around 8:30am (0730GMT).
He said no one was wounded in the incident.
Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux is due to visit the facility, which is in Paris' southern outskirts, the spokesman added.
"We had queued up to check in for the Tel Aviv flight when we heard three or four shots nearby," witness Franck Lecam said.
"The whole airport has been evacuated," the 54-year-old said, confirming what an airport worker, speaking on condition of anonymity, had said earlier.
"We are all outside the airport, about 200 metres from the entrance," Lecam said.
"There are policemen, emergency workers and soldiers everywhere in all directions. A security official told us that it happened near gates 37-38 where Turkish Airlines flights were scheduled."
Recommended For You
- Gold Review: Akshay Kumar, Mouni Roy Give Fans the Perfect Independence Day Gift
- Asian Games: Indian Coaches Live in Past, Need Foreign Help, Says Yogeshwar
- Patriotism Should Be In Your Hearts, Not Hands: Don't Buy a Tiranga This Independence Day
- As a Rebellious Writer, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is Tremendously Fierce in Manto Trailer. Watch Video
- JioPhone to Get Facebook, YouTube, Google Maps Starting August 15