Man Who Set Himself on Fire Near White House Succumbs to Injuries: Officials
The man set himself on fire on the Ellipse, an area popular with tourists between the White House and the Washington Monument, on Wednesday.
A man is seen engulfed in flames after he set himself on fire on the Ellipse near the White House in Washington, U.S., May 29, 2019 in this still image obtained from social media video. KRISJAN BERZINS /via REUTERS
Washington: A man who set himself on fire near the White House has died of his injuries, the US Park Police said on Thursday.
The man set himself on fire on the Ellipse, an area popular with tourists between the White House and the Washington Monument, on Wednesday, authorities said.
The man, who was identified as Arnav Gupta, was taken to the hospital and died later that night, the Park Police said.
The investigation was being turned over to the Metropolitan Police Department, the Park Police said. A representative for the MPD did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
It was the second such incident in two months, when a man in an electric mobility scooter was hospitalized after he lit his jacket on fire outside the White House fence.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni