Man Who Slashed 9 Faces Riding on a Bicycle Charged with Multiple Felonies in Los Angeles
The man faces seven counts of aggravated mayhem, two counts of attempted aggravated mayhem and one count of attempted second-degree robbery.
Los Angeles: A man who rode around on a bicycle with a knife and slashed the faces and necks of nine people in Los Angeles has been charged with multiple felonies.
The Los Angeles County district attorney's office says on Friday that Lenrey Briones faces seven counts of aggravated mayhem, two counts of attempted aggravated mayhem and one count of attempted second-degree robbery. It's not known if the 19-year-old has an attorney.
Investigators say Briones left his victims, including a 13-year-old, with slashing wounds. One victim required 20 stitches.
Stefany Coboz told KNBC-TV she received a deep gash under her ear, and the attacker turned and laughed as he rode away.
Prosecutors say in one instance, he tried to take a victim's purse.
He could face life in prison if convicted on all counts.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- Creating New Cop Image for Salman Khan's Eid 2020 Film a Challenge, Says Prabhudheva
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day