Manchester Airport Terminal Evacuated Over 'Unattended Bag'
Terminal 2 at Manchester Airport has been evacuated after security officers spotted an unattended bag on Saturday.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: Terminal 2 of the Manchester Airport was evacuated on Friday after security officers and passengers spotted an unattended bag.
A 'controlled evacuation' took place at the terminal after the suspicious package was found, according to media reports.
A Manchester airport spokesman said, "The evacuation process is a standard operating procedure. As always, the safety of all of our passengers is of paramount importance and we will provide an update on the situation as soon as possible."
The evacuation comes just few weeks after a bomb blast at the Manchester Arena during a concert by pop star Ariana Grande. Twenty-two people were killed in the terror attack on May 23.
Recommended For You
- Life on Mars Could Owe Its Foundation to World's Lightest Solid, Aerogel: NASA-JPL
- Facebook May Launch TikTok Competitor to Rope in More Users: Report
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Alexa on Windows 10 Will Soon Activate on Lock Screen with Microsoft's 19H2 Update
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?