News18» News»World»Meghan Markle Demands All Proofs in Buckingham Palace Staff Bullying Case: Report
2-MIN READ

Meghan Markle Demands All Proofs in Buckingham Palace Staff Bullying Case: Report

Video grab of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview.
(Credit: YouTube/@Josh Pieters & Archie Manners)

Video grab of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview. (Credit: YouTube/@Josh Pieters & Archie Manners)

The Duchess wants to see all documents, emails, and text messages related to the bullying probe which began against her by the Queen, the UK report stated.

Days after being accused of bullying the staff during her time as a frontline royal with Prince Harry in Britain, the Duchess of Sussex- Meghan Markle has legally demanded evidence against the Buckingham Palace’s probe.

The allegations against the Duchess came after her interview with American host Oprah Winfrey where she revealed controversial points about the royal family, accusing them of being racist.

According to Fox News, Meghan is currently on a target point of Buckingham Palace after the interview. However, rather than conducting an in-house enquiry, Buckingham Palace now plans to hand over the investigation into allegations to external investigators, a UK media report said on Sunday.

The Duchess wants to see all documents, emails, and text messages related to the bullying probe which began against her by the Queen, the report added.

RELATED NEWS

Earlier this month, the palace had confirmed that a probe would be conducted after The Times’ published a leaked email from a staff member alleging that the former American actress drove two personal assistants out of the royal household and undermined the confidence of a third member of staff.

Our commitment to look into the circumstances around the allegations from former staff of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is being taken forward but we will not be providing a public commentary on it, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson reportedly said.

Several former and current royal aides who could not give evidence in court during Meghan Markle’s recent legal case about privacy against a British newspaper are expected to speak to the inquiry.

A PTI report mentioned that the complaint against Meghan dated back to October 2018 when an email was sent by a member of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s staff to a senior courtier. It was forwarded to the HR department, but the complaint did not progress.

In an interview last weekend with Oprah Winfrey, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a series of shocking claims around the lack of mental health support offered to Meghan and unnamed royals raising concerns about the skin colour of their mixed-race son- Archie. The duo revealed that these were the reasons behind their decision to step back from their royal duties, which they had first announced in January 2020.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members,” read a Buckingham Palace statement, days after the interview.

first published:March 15, 2021, 09:18 IST