Melania Trump Re-files Daily Mail Lawsuit in New York
United States' First lady Melania Trump has re-filed a libel lawsuit against the corporation that publishes the Daily Mail's website, this time in New York.
File image of US First Lady Melania Trump. (Image: Reuters)
Rockville (US): United States' First lady Melania Trump has re-filed a libel lawsuit against the corporation that publishes the Daily Mail's website, this time in New York.
Trump had previously filed the lawsuit against Mail Media Inc in Maryland, but a judge earlier this month ruled the case shouldn't be filed in Maryland and dismissed it. The lawsuit now filed in New York, where the corporation has offices, seeks compensatory and punitive damages of at least $ 150 million.
Trump had sued Mail Media Inc along with blogger Webster Tarpley for reporting rumors that she worked as a high-end escort. Trump filed the lawsuit in Maryland after both Tarpley and the Daily Mail issued retractions. The lawsuit against Tarpley has been allowed to move ahead in Maryland.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Strongly Reacts to The Cut Article: Don't Want to Give Publicity to Fools
- Nick Jonas' Mother Welcomes Priyanka Chopra to the Family With a Beautiful Post, See Here
- India vs Australia | Tour Diary: An Indo-Tunisian Cricket Romance Down Under
- The 'Avengers 4: Endgame' Trailer Just Dropped and Fans are Already Reaching for the Tissues
- PUBG Winter Map, Vikendi, Revealed at Game Awards 2018: Watch Video