Cohen Charges Have No Allegations of Wrongdoing Against Trump: Giuliani
Cohen pleaded guilty earlier on Tuesday to campaign finance violations and other charges, saying he made payments to influence the 2016 election at the direction of an unnamed candidate.
Michael Cohen (Image: Reuters)
Washington: Federal charges against former Trump attorney Michael Cohen contain no allegation of wrongdoing against President Donald Trump and demonstrate a "pattern of lies and dishonesty" by Cohen over a long period, a counsel for the president said on Tuesday.
Cohen pleaded guilty earlier on Tuesday to campaign finance violations and other charges, saying he made payments to influence the 2016 election at the direction of an unnamed candidate. Porn star Stormy Daniels has said Cohen paid her $130,000 to keep quiet about a sexual encounter with Trump.
"There is no allegation of any wrongdoing against the president in the government's charges against Mr. Cohen," Trump counsel Rudy Giuliani said in a statement. "It is clear that, as the prosecutor noted, Mr. Cohen's actions reflect a pattern of lies and dishonesty over a significant period of time."
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- Oppo to Launch World's First In-Display Camera Phone Tomorrow
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s