More Than 100 Flights Cancelled in Hong Kong Amid Pro-Democracy Protests
The airport has not revealed the reason behind the cancellations and only advised passengers to check with airlines for the latest updates.
Hong Kong: More than 100 flights were cancelled in Hong Kong on Monday morning with airport authorities warning passengers of potential disruption, as pro-democracy protesters kick off a city-wide strike.
At least 105 flights were listed as cancelled on the airport's departure page on Monday morning.
When contacted, an airport spokesman did not give any reason for the cancellations but said passengers should check to see if their flight was departing.
"The Airport Authority advises passengers to check with their airlines for the latest flight information, and to proceed to the airport only when their seats and flight time have been confirmed," the airport said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone's 'Daddie' Remark for Ranveer Singh Has Fans Guessing if She's Pregnant
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March
- Bajrang Punia to Get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- A New Microchip Gives Obese People Electric Shocks Each Time They Think About Food
- Ashes 2019: Ponting Advises Warner to Take Aggressive Route Against Broad