More Than Half a Million Sign Melania Trump Petition
More than half a million people have signed a petition demanding that First Lady Melania Trump move into the White House or foot the expense of living in New York herself.
File photo of Melania Trump, wife of US President Donald Trump. (Photo: Getty Images)
New York: More than half a million people have signed a petition demanding that First Lady Melania Trump move into the White House or foot the expense of living in New York herself.
The first lady has said that she and 11-year-old son Barron will move to Washington after the current school year ends in the summer.
Police spent USD 24 million on protecting the family from election day on November 8 2016 to inauguration day on January 20, on the eve of which the New York real estate tycoon moved to Washington.
"As to help relieve the national debt, this expense yields no positive results for the nation and should be cut from being funded," it added.
The petition, which was started two weeks ago, has already been signed by more than 514,200 people. It has a goal of reaching one million supporters.
The petition is to be delivered to Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, both prominent Trump opponents on the left of US politics.
Recommended For You
- KKR Captain Karthik Questions DLS Method After KXIP Thrashing
- Calvin Harris, Madonna, Alia Bhatt and Others Mourn DJ Avicii's Sudden Demise
- Bollywood Star Jacqueline Fernandez Gifts Make-Up Artist Jeep Compass SUV – Watch Video
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X Detailed Image Gallery – See Pics
- India Favourites to Win World Cup, Says Sehwag