Seats (2018) 33/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh0/10 seats
West Bengal0/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
Myanmar By-elections Take Pulse of Suu Kyi's Popularity
Voting is underway for 19 vacant seats in Myanmar, in the first test of the popularity of Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy since it formed the government a year ago.
File image of Myanmar Foreign Minister Aung San Suu Kyi . (Image: PTI)
Yangon: Voting is underway for 19 vacant seats in Myanmar, in the first test of the popularity of Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy since it formed the government a year ago.
Nine of the contested seats are in the Lower House, three are in the Upper House and the rest are in state and regional assemblies in ethnic minority areas.
Some seats became vacant because the lawmakers were promoted to the Cabinet; some because of deaths and others were never filled in the 2015 general election after security concerns in the area forced the cancellation of voting.
The contests on Saturday have not caused the same excitement or engagement as seen at the 2015 general election, and turnout is expected to be low.
Recommended For You
- Shahid Thinks Mira Would Date This Bollywood Star If They Were Not Married
- Live Cricket Score, New Zealand vs England, 1st Test Day 2 in Auckland
- Yuki Bhambri Through to Second Round in Miami, Faces Jack Sock
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston to Rekindle Relationship?
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4, Mi TV 4A Flash Sale on Mi.com, Flipkart at 12 pm Today: Here is How to Buy