Nawaz Sharif Chairs High-level Meeting Amid Indo-Pak Tension
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday chaired a high-level meeting of top foreign policy officials to discuss ties with India amid tension with over ceasefire violations in Kashmir.
File photo of former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday chaired a high-level meeting of top foreign policy officials to discuss ties with India amid tension over ceasefire violations in Kashmir.
Radio Pakistan reported that during the meeting Sharif would be briefed about important foreign affairs issues, including ties with India and Afghanistan.
The meeting is being attended amongst others by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and senior officials of the Foreign Office.
The meeting was held amid tensions between India and Pakistan after a number of ceasefire violations in Kashmir for which both sides blame each other.
It comes days after the US declared Pakistan-based Hizbul Mujahideen leader Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000