Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari Sacks All Seven Province Governors on Govt's Recommendation
he province chiefs were appointed two years ago by then Sher Bahadur Deuba government.
File photo of Nepal president Bidhya Devi Bhandari. (Reuters)
Kathmandu: Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari has sacked the governors of all seven provinces at the recommendation of the government, his office
said on Sunday.
The President relieved the governors from their posts in accordance with the constitutional provisions at the recommendation of the Council of Ministers, the President's office said in a statement.
A cabinet meeting held earlier on Sunday had recommended the president to relieve the governors from their posts.
Those who were relieved from the posts are Govinda Bahadur Tumhang, chief of Province 1, Ratneswor Kayastha of Province 2, Anuradha Koirala of Province 3, Baburam Kunwar of Province 4, Umakant Jha of Province 5, Durga Keshar Khanal of Province 6, Ratneshwor Malla of Province 7.
The province chiefs were appointed two years ago by then Sher Bahadur Deuba government.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Viral Posts on Ranu Mondal Demanding Land for Church in Ayodhya are Fake
- Jennifer Winget Plans to Rewrite Mahabharat with Beyhadh 2? Watch Promo
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Ready And Awaits Final Release Date; Have Patience Please
- WhatsApp Banning Users in Groups with Suspicious Names: Here's How You Can Stay Safe
- IBM Says Apple Mac Users Are Happier, More Productive And Less Demanding From IT