'No One Wins from Cold War, Hot War, Trade War': Xi Jinping on Trade Tiff With US
Ahead of Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) summit in Papua New Guinea, Jinping said that no one wins from military, political or trade confrontation.
File photo of Chinese President Xi Jinping (Image: Reuters)
Port Moresby: Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Saturday that no one wins from military, political or trade confrontation, amid fears that rivalry between Beijing and the US could escalate.
"History has shown that confrontation — whether in form of cold war, hot war or trade war — will produce no winners," Xi told a business conference ahead of an APEC summit expected to be dominated by a tussle for influence between the world's top two economies.
Jinping also defended China's "belt and road" infrastructure initiative, insisting it was "not a trap" amid criticism from the United States among others.
"It is not designed to serve any hidden geopolitical agenda, it is not targeted against anyone and it does not exclude anyone... nor is it a trap as some people have labelled it," Xi told business leaders.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Nach Baliye 9: Raveena Tandon Confronts Shantanu Maheshwari Over Claims of Bias
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance