North Korea Conducts Another Missile Engine Test: US
North Korea has conducted another ballistic missile engine test, US defence officials told CNN.
Image for representation only
Washington: North Korea has conducted another ballistic missile engine test, US defence officials told CNN.
The officials on Monday said the latest engine trial is the third such test using similar technology.
The initial assessment indicates that the engine technology could possibly be used in an eventual intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
However, it was not clear whether the engine would require some adjustment to be used in an ICBM, if it can indeed be used that way at all.
Possession of an ICBM could allow North Korea to threaten the continental US, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Washington announced on Monday that the US Marines have deployed F-35Bs to South Korea for the first time as part of an exercise that began on March 24.
"This is the first time we have operated the F-35B in South Korea," CNN quoted Pentagon spokesman US Navy Captain Jeff Davis as saying.
The new short takeoff and vertical landing capable stealth strike fighter was only first declared operational in July of 2015.
The deployment is part of a training exercise with the South Korean military, an exercise Davis called "defensive in nature".
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Third Generation Suzuki Hayabusa Superbike Rendered, Gets Sleeker GSX Inspired Looks
- Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic Relentlessly March on at Australian Open
- Jawa Motorcycles Open 1st Dealership in Nashik, Total 11 Showrooms Across India
- Ram Janmabhoomi Gets Clearance From Court, All Set to Release in First Week of February
- 'Mahi Maar Raha Hai': Twitter Hails Dhoni as India Register Historic ODI Series Win in Australia
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s