Obamas Join Richard Branson for Private Island Getaway
Former President Barack Obama, and his wife, Michelle, have spent some time vacationing with Richard Branson since leaving the White House.
In this recent but undated photo made available by Virgin.com, former U.S President Barack Obama, jokes with Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group, during his stay on Moskito Island, British Virgin Islands. The former president and his wife stayed on Mosikto Island owned by Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group, after he finished his second term as President and left the White House. (Photo: AP)
Necker Island, British Virgin Islands: Former President Barack Obama, and his wife, Michelle, have spent some time vacationing with Richard Branson since leaving the White House.
The Virgin Group founder put up a blog post with pictures and video of the ex-president kitesurfing off one of Branson's private islands in the British Virgin Islands. Branson writes that Obama, who's a native of Hawaii, told him he was prevented from surfing by his security detail during his time in office.
Branson says after spending a couple days learning to kitesurf, Obama bested the billionaire in a watersport challenge.
He says inviting the Obamas to his island was "a huge honor."
Obama spent his first days after leaving Washington vacationing in Palm Springs, California.
Recommended For You
- The Royal Enfield Twin Endurance Render Puts All The Right Ideas Into Our Heads
- Coming Out of Closet is Better Than Hiding My Relationship: Dutee Chand
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones