Off-Duty FBI Agent Drops Gun While Doing Backflip, Accidentally Shoots Someone
The agent, whose identity wasn’t released, was dancing at the downtown club around 12:45 a.m. on Saturday when the firearm fell from the agent’s waistband holster onto the floor. It discharged when the agent picked it up.
Denver: An off-duty FBI agent dancing at a Denver nightclub accidentally discharged a firearm, wounding another patron in the leg.
The victim, an adult male, was taken to a local hospital in good condition, said Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson. Police refused to identify the hospital.
Jackson said the agent, whose identity wasn’t released, was dancing at the downtown club around 12:45 a.m. Saturday when the firearm fell from the agent’s waistband holster onto the floor. It discharged when the agent picked it up.
This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News pic.twitter.com/MwV1WpNzAQ— Ryan Haarer (@RyanHaarer) June 3, 2018
Police investigators interviewed the agent before releasing the agent to an FBI supervisor. The police investigation was continuing, and any charges would be determined by the Denver District Attorney’s Office, said Officer Marika Putnam.
Denver FBI spokeswoman Amy Sanders declined to comment, citing an ongoing investigation.
Telephone messages to the nightclub, Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar, weren’t immediately returned on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Meet ‘Khoj,’ the Most Expensive Member of CISF’s Dog Squad for Protecting Delhi Metro
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap
- MH370 Disappearance: Mysterious 90 Kg Load Added to Cargo List After Takeoff
- OnePlus 7 Pro is Getting The OxygenOS 9.5.10 Update, And Now we Know Why 9.5.9 Went Missing
- MG Hector SUV Bookings Suspended Temporarily, 21000 Cars Booked Till Now