One Killed in Afghan Car Bombing Near Airport in Jalalabad
One person was killed and five others were injured on Thursday after a car bomb went off outside the airport in Afghanistan's Jalalabad city, police said.
Image for representative purpose only/Reuters
Kabul: One person was killed and five others were injured on Thursday after a car bomb went off outside the airport in Afghanistan's Jalalabad city, police said.
Thursday's incident comes a day after a truck packed with explosives blew up in Kabul's diplomatic zone killing 80 people and injuring over 300 others.
"The victim was a soldier and the injured included four civilians," the official told Xinhua news agency.
He said an investigation is underway.
The Islamic State terror group claimed responsibility for Wednesday's bloodbath.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2018/19: NorthEast United Make Stellar Comeback as Chennaiyin FC Crumble at Home
- Bhuneshwar-Bumrah and the Brotherhood of India's New Ball Attack
- This 5-Year-Old Boy Couldn't Get Enough of Prince Harry and His Beard
- Parineeti Chopra to Demand Rs 37 Crore from Nick Jonas at Priyanka’s Wedding. Here’s Why
- Wishes Pour in From Tendulkar, Sehwag and Yuvraj as Kumble Celebrates 48th Birthday