One Killed in Afghan Car Bombing Near Airport in Jalalabad
One person was killed and five others were injured on Thursday after a car bomb went off outside the airport in Afghanistan's Jalalabad city, police said.
Image for representative purpose only/Reuters
Kabul: One person was killed and five others were injured on Thursday after a car bomb went off outside the airport in Afghanistan's Jalalabad city, police said.
Thursday's incident comes a day after a truck packed with explosives blew up in Kabul's diplomatic zone killing 80 people and injuring over 300 others.
"The victim was a soldier and the injured included four civilians," the official told Xinhua news agency.
He said an investigation is underway.
The Islamic State terror group claimed responsibility for Wednesday's bloodbath.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Video of Sara Ali Khan and Malaika Arora Working Out Together is Breaking the Internet, Watch Here
- Bajaj Auto Launches New Brand Identity as 'The World’s Favourite Indian'
- Good News: Akshay Kumar-Kareena Kapoor Film Gets a New Release Date, Check Out
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock, Sticker Integration, Private Replies and More Coming in Future Updates
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s