Orly Attack Motive to be Probed, Female Soldier 'Doing Fine'
The man killed at Orly airport on Saturday tried to snatch a gun from a female soldier "in an extremely violent attack" on her before he was shot dead, a French army spokesman said.
Emergency services at Orly airport southern terminal after a shooting incident near Paris, France (REUTERS)
Paris: The man killed at Orly airport on Saturday tried to snatch a gun from a female soldier "in an extremely violent attack" on her before he was shot dead, a French army spokesman said.
Benoit Brulon, a spokesman for France's anti-terror patrol force, said of the female soldier: "She's doing fine".
Brulon, speaking on BFMTV, said the female soldier, who was part of an air force detachment, fell to the ground as she struggled with her attacker.
"It was then that her comrades opened fire to protect her and people around," he said.
Separately, Interior Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henri Brandet said it was "possible" but had yet to be established that the incident could be called a terrorist attack.
"There's possibly a terrorist motive but that's something the justice system will have to ascertain and it will do so in due time," Brandet told reporters.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Ranveer Singh Raps About Life in Shantytown in Gully Boy New Song Mere Gully Mein
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- A Professor, Doctor and a Businessman Met on Twitter - Anonymously
- What is Data Colonization, And Why we in India Need to Rework The Policies in Place
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s