Ousted Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir Transferred to Prison
Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir was ousted by the army last Thursday after four months of protests against his three decades of iron-fisted rule.
File photo of Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir. Image: Reuters
Khartoum: Ousted Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir has been transferred to a Khartoum prison following his toppling by the army last week, a source from his family told AFP on Wednesday.
"Last night, Bashir was transferred to Kober prison in Khartoum," the source said without revealing his name for security reasons.
Bashir was ousted by the army last Thursday after four months of protests against his three decades of iron-fisted rule. The country's new military rulers had said he was being held "in a secure place".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Shehnaz Gill Claimed She Would Not Fake a Relationship for the Show
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui Transforms Into Ramsey Baba for Housefull 4's Bhoot Song
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro