Pakistan Airlines Passenger Opens Emergency Door by Mistake, Offloaded
Over three dozen passengers were offloaded after one of them opened the emergency door, causing the emergency chute to activate.
File photo of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) passenger plane. (Reuters)
Islamabad: Over three dozen passengers aboard a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight were offloaded after one of them mistakenly opened the emergency door of the aircraft on the runway at the Manchester airport in UK, the national carrier said.
“The PIA flight, PK 702, from Manchester to Islamabad was delayed by seven hours. The departure was delayed on Friday night when a passenger erroneously opened the emergency exit causing the emergency chute to activate," Dawn quoted a PIA spokesperson as saying on Saturday.
"As per standard operating procedure, the PIA had to offload nearly 40 passengers and their luggage," he added.
He said that the offloaded passengers were provided transportation and hotel accommodation. "They will be adjusted on the next available flight," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right