Pakistan Channels Fined Rs 1 million For 'Indecent Contents'
Pakistan's electronic media watchdog on Friday imposed a fine of Rs one million each on two prominent TV channels including Geo News for showing "indecent contents".
Representative image. (Photo:Reuters)
Islamabad: Pakistan's electronic media watchdog on Friday imposed a fine of Rs one million each on two prominent TV channels including Geo News for showing "indecent contents".
Geo News and Hum TV were fined after they could not give satisfactory answers to Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) about allegations of airing objectionable clips.
"Geo Pakistan is banned from broadcasting, rebroadcasting, fresh, old or repeat content on Geo News from 9 AM Monday April 3 till 12 AM April 7, 2017," PEMRA said.
"On account of the airing of the episode 'Chew Gum' in the drama serial 'Kitni Girhein Baqi Hein' having indecent content... A fine of Rs 10,00,000 (Rupees one million) is imposed on Hum TV, payable within three weeks from the issuance of this decision," PEMRA said.
It also asked media outlets that the selection of the theme of their dramas or soaps and other items should be made keeping in mind the provisions of the Electronic Media (Programmes and Advertisements) Code of Conduct 2015, socio- cultural norms and values of the country.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 12: Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan Spread Joy in Chaotic Weekend Ka Vaar
- Fashion Trends Poo Flaunted in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham are Relevant Even After 17 Years
- YouTube's 'Chill' Response to the Most Disliked Video Gets a Thumbs Down From Fans
- Top 5 Android Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 From Honor, Realme, Xiaomi And More to Buy This Christmas
- Laxman's 281 in Eden Test Saved My Career: Ganguly
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s