Pakistan PM Imran Khan Orders Inquiry into Attack on Chinse Consulate in Karachi
"The Prime Minister has ordered a complete inquiry into the incident and has desired that elements behind this incident must be unearthed," Khan's office said in a statement.
File photo of Pakistan PM Imran Khan.
Karachi: Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday ordered an inquiry into the attack on China's consulate in the coastal city of Karachi in which two policemen were killed.
"The Prime Minister has ordered a complete inquiry into the incident and has desired that elements behind this incident must be unearthed," Khan's office said in a statement, adding that the attack was part of a conspiracy aimed at undermining economic and strategic cooperation between the two nations.
"Such incidents will never be able to undermine Pak-China relationship," the statement added. Neighbouring China is Pakistan's closest ally, ploughing billions of dollars in loans and infrastructure investments into the South Asian nation as part of Beijing's vast Belt and Road initiative.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy