Pakistan President Finally Gets Licence to Drive in Islamabad
The president, whose previous licence from Karachi had expired, visited Islamabad Traffic Police Office like a common citizen and got his driving licence renewed on Wednesday.
Pakistan's President Mamnoon Hussain. (Image: Reuters)
Islamabad: If Pakistan's President Mamnoon Hussain decides to drive now he won't be challaned. The president, whose previous licence from Karachi had expired, visited Islamabad Traffic Police Office like a common citizen and got his driving licence renewed on Wednesday.
Hussain was issued a token, 0441, and went through the routine procedures required for getting a driving licence. He answered requisite questions, The Express Tribune reported.
His previous licence from Karachi had expired and was renewed from Islamabad after an NOC was issued by the Karachi
Traffic Police as per law that there were no pending tickets or challans against him.
Inspector General of Police Islamabad Tariq Masood Yasin briefed Hussain about the working of the ITP office and the steps that were being taken to facilitate the general public.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected