Train Collision in Iran Kills 31 People
An Iranian official has told state TV that the death toll from a train collision in the country's north has increased to 31.
Representative Images. (Getty Images)
Tehran: An Iranian official has told state TV that the death toll from a train collision in the country's north has increased to 31.
The provincial governor, Mohammad Reza Khabbaz, says that so far 31 bodies have been found at the site of the crash on Friday morning. Earlier, eight people were reported to have been killed.
State TV said accident happened in subzero temperatures when a passenger train that was in motion hit another that had stopped at a station about 250 kilometers (150 miles) east of the capital, Tehran.
Pir Hossein Kolivand, who runs Iran's emergency department, says that 80 people who were injured in the collision were all in hospital. He says many of them only suffered minor injuries.
Recommended For You
- Austin Powers' Mini Me Actor, Verne Troyer, Deat At 49
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo
- Photos From Milind Soman, Ankita Konwar's Mehendi Ceremony Will Make You Want To Attend One
- Bollywood Star Jacqueline Fernandez Gifts Make-Up Artist Jeep Compass SUV – Watch Video