Couple Carries Dummy Guns to Paris Airport, Sparks off Frenzy
A passenger had raised the alarm saying they had seen 'two adults who did not speak French with weapons in a case', one source said.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Bobigny: Two people holding replica guns sparked a panic at Paris' main Charles de Gaulle airport on Wednesday before they were quickly arrested, sources close to the investigation said.
Passengers were evacuated from Terminal 2 for around 45 minutes after the incident at 8.30 am (0730 GMT).
A passenger had raised the alarm saying they had seen "two adults who did not speak French with weapons in a case", one source said.
"There was a wave of panic in Terminal 2 when people saw the weapons." A police source said border police had detained the pair.
A security perimeter was quickly set up, while a bomb squad had already been at the scene dealing with an abandoned bag.
The guns were believed to be "airsoft" pistols, replica weapons used for sport.
French airport authorities consider those carrying them to be "armed", an airport source said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge