Pennsylvania Mall Evacuated After Gunfight Between Two Groups
Authorities found bullet holes in the glass doors of a department store's entrance and evidence markers were placed in a roped-off area outside the department store.
Representative image (Reuters)
Monroeville (US): Authorities said a fight between two groups at a Pennsylvania mall led to a shooting outside the building and an evacuation.
The Pittsburg Post-Gazette reported Monroeville police said the brawl Friday between two groups of four to five males began about 8 p.m. for some unknown reason. The fight spilled outside the mall through a Macy's department store entrance.
Police said one of the males pulled out a gun and fired about 10 shots.
There were no reports of injuries and no arrests have been made.
The mall was placed on lockdown and was later evacuated.
The mall is about 17 miles (27.36 kilometers) east of Pittsburg. The lockdown was lifted about 9 p.m.
Authorities found bullet holes in the glass doors of a Macy's entrance and evidence markers were placed in a roped-off area outside the department store.
Monroeville Mall officials tweeted that they were aware of the incident and police cleared "the mall out of an abundance of caution."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- ‘Lo Chali Main’: Renuka Shahane Just Had a ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ Moment and Twitter is LOLing
- Carlsberg Wants to Bring The World’s First Beer Bottles Made From Paper to The Market
- HP Chromebook x360 Review: A Million Android Apps Make All The Difference