Pilot Killed as Thai Fighter Jet Crashes at Air Show
A Thai air force pilot has died when his fighter jet crashed at an air show during the country's Children's Day.
Bangkok: A Thai air force pilot has died when his fighter jet crashed at an air show during the country's Children's Day.
Amateur video footage shows the JAS 39 Gripen jet maneuvering over the Hat Yai air base in southern Thailand when it suddenly lost altitude and crashed in a ball of fire away from spectators.
The Ministry of Defense is investigating the cause of the crash today.
Deputy government spokesman Werachon Sukondhapatipakerachon says Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha expressed condolences to the pilot's family.
Children's Day is usually observed with public outings at military bases.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works