Plane Accident in Central Germany Leaves 3 People Dead
Police said the Cessna plane had been attempting to take off after an aborted landing maneuver on Sunday, but failed to gain lift and broke through a barrier, hitting the three.
(Representative image: Reuters)
Berlin: Police say three people died after they were hit by a small plane in central Germany as it attempted to take off from an aborted landing.
Police in Hesse state said the victims, two adults and a child, were standing at the edge of an airfield at the Wasserkuppe hill near Fulda, German news agency dpa reported.
They said the Cessna plane had been attempting to take off after an aborted landing maneuver on Sunday, but failed to gain lift and broke through a barrier, hitting the three.
It wasn't immediately clear whether anyone else was hurt. Police said there wasn't a crowd at the site near the airfield at the time of the accident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck