Pope: Abortion is Never OK, Equates it to 'Hiring a Hitman'
During an audience Saturday with participants of a Vatican-sponsored anti-abortion conference, Pope Francis said opposition to abortion isn't a religious issue but a human one.
File Photo of Pope Francis
Vatican City: Pope Francis says abortion can never be condoned, even when the fetus is gravely sick or malformed. He is urging doctors and priests to support families to carry such pregnancies to term.
During an audience Saturday with participants of a Vatican-sponsored anti-abortion conference, Francis said opposition to abortion isn't a religious issue but a human one: "Is it licit to throw away a life to resolve a problem? Is it licit to hire a hitman to resolve a problem?" Francis denounced decisions to abort based on prenatal testing, saying a human being is "never incompatible with life." Francis has spoken out strongly against abortion, though he has also expressed sympathy for women who have had them and made it easier for them to be forgiven.
Recommended For You
- #BlueForSudan: Why Are People Changing Their Profile Pictures to this Shade of Indigo?
- Stranger Things Actor Gaten Matarazzo to Host Netflix Show Prank Encounters
- Meet the Sufi Singer Who Wants to Mix Rap with Her Music
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- Ola Cab Driver's Gesture after a Passenger Lost his Wallet in the Cab is Heartwarming
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s