Powerful 7.2 Earthquake Strikes Indonesia's Lombok Hours After 6.3 Tremor
A tremor of 6.3 magnitude struck the island, where an earthquake earlier this month killed more than 430 people.
A broken mosque tower is seen after foreign and domestic tourists fled after Sunday's earthquake in Gili Trawangan Island, Indonesia, August 9, 2018. REUTERS
Mataram, Indonesia: A magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck in the sea 124 km (75 miles) north-northeast of the holiday island of Lombok, Indonesia, on Sunday at a very shallow depth of 1 km, the United States Geological Survey said.
There was no immediate tsunami alert from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Earlier on Sunday a tremor of 6.3 magnitude struck the island, where an earthquake earlier this month killed more than 430 people.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead