Prince Andrew to Step Down from Public Duties Amid Furore Over Jeffrey Epstein Scandal
He said he was willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if required.
FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Andrew arrives by horse and carriage on ladies day at Royal Ascot, June 20, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville
London: Britain's Prince Andrew said on Wednesday he has asked to step down from public duties for the forseeable future after being engulfed in a growing scandal involving Jeffrey Epstein.
"Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required," Andrew said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- IndiGo Passengers Stuck in Aerobridge for 8 Hours, Airline Blames Bad Weather for Delay
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- Tata Motors Offers Year-End Discounts Worth Rs 1 Lakh
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game