Qatar Airways, Etihad to Enforce Donald Trump Travel Ban
Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways said on Sunday they would enforce the new rules governing entry to the United States following President Donald Trump's temporary order restricting arrivals from seven Muslim countries.
File image of Qatar Airways. (Image: Reuters)
Doha: Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways said on Sunday they would enforce the new rules governing entry to the United States following President Donald Trump's temporary order restricting arrivals from seven Muslim countries.
A spokesperson for Qatar Airways said it would only carry passengers to the US who had the correct documentation.
"We are enforcing the new rules," said the official.
"If travellers to the US don't have the proper documentation, we are not going to take them to the US."
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways said it will apply restrictions on its US routes "effective immediately".
Citizens of the affected countries will need to have a valid US permanent residency card, known as the "Green Card" or a diplomatic visa to travel, an Etihad spokesperson said in a statement.
Qatar Airways also posted a "travel alert" online today, listing the paperwork required by citizens of the seven countries.
These included the "Green Card" and government and diplomatic visas.
Both Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways fly off New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC and Dallas.
The Qatari carrier also flies to nine other US destinations, including Atlanta.
The newly inaugurated US president signed a sweeping executive order yesterday to suspend refugee arrivals and impose tough controls on travellers from the seven countries.
Recommended For You
- Apple Betting Big on TV+ With Big Name Original Content, And The Refreshed TV App is Just One Link
- IPL 2019 | Ashwin Uses Controversial Trickery to Dismiss Rajasthan Opener
- HAL Rolls Out 16th Tejas LCA Fighter Jet for Indian Air Force as Per Target
- First Look of Chhapaak Unveiled, Akshay Kumar's Kesari Holds Strong at Box Office
- Radha Ravi Slammed For Misogynistic Remarks Against Nayanthara, Tamil Film Fraternity Boycotts the Actor
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s