Rex Tillerson Says North Korea’s Aggression Endangers ‘Entire World’
S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said North Korea’s continuing missile tests threaten the entire world and stressed the US was working closely with regional allies Japan and South Korea on the problem.
File photo of US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. (AP)
Washington: US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Friday that North Korea’s continuing missile tests threaten the entire world and stressed the United States was working closely with regional allies Japan and South Korea on the problem.
“In East Asia, an increasingly aggressive and isolated regime in North Korea threatens democracies in South Korea, Japan, and more importantly, and more recently, has expanded those threats to the United States, endangering the entire world,” Tillerson said to a gathering of the Community of Democracies.
“We first look to our regional allies South Korea and Japan. By working with them and other democratic partners, we continue to build consensus at the United Nations Security Council to create a united international front that upholds our values and strives to make us safer.”
Recommended For You
- Perry Continues to Fly the Flag for Women’s Cricket with Ashes Heroics
- Payal Rohatgi Files Complaint Against Ajaz Khan Over Derogatory Video
- India A Slump to Narrow Defeat Against West Indies A in Fourth Unofficial ODI
- Gabriella Demetriades Shares Adorable Pic of Arjun Rampal Holding Their Newborn Son, See Here
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8