Russia's Putin Plays Piano as He Awaits Talks With Xi
Russian President Vladimir Putin played piano while awaiting Chinese leader Xi Jinping for bilateral talks in Beijing on Sunday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin plays piano before meeting Chinese leader Xi Jinping on the first day of the Belt and Road Forum in Beijing on May 14, 2017. (Photo courtesy: Sputnik/Aleksey Nikolskyi/Kremlin via Reuters)
Beijing: Russian President Vladimir Putin played piano while awaiting Chinese leader Xi Jinping for bilateral talks in Beijing on Sunday.
Putin spoke earlier on Sunday at a summit on China's new Silk Road plan. He later arrived at state Diaoyutai residence for talks with Xi and other leaders.
While waiting for his bilateral with Xi to begin, Putin played several chords. According to TASS news agency and state Russian television, Putin played passages from Soviet-era songs about Moscow and St Petersburg.
The 64-year-old former KGB spy has demonstrated his skills on the piano in the past although he has mostly cultivated a macho image. That included riding a horse in Siberia, piloting firefighting planes and diving in submersible into the depths of Lake Baikal and Black Sea off Crimea coast.
Recommended For You
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro First Impressions Review: An All-Rounder With a Mammoth Battery
- Prince William Spends Some Time With Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 at Heads of Commonwealth Meeting 2018
- IPL 2018: Delhi Daredevils Look For Home Comfort Against In-form KXIP
- Milind Soman And Ankita Konwar Get Married, See Pics
- Napoli Stun Juventus With Late Koulibaly Header