Saudi King Salman's Elder Brother, Prince Bandar, Passes Away at 96
Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud was not an actively political royal within the ruling Al Saud family and had been passed over in the line of succession to the throne.
File image of Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (Image: Twitter)
Riyadh: Saudi King Salman's elder half-brother, who was the tenth son of the country's founding monarch, has died at the age of 96.
Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud was not an actively political royal within the ruling Al Saud family and had been passed over in the line of succession to the throne. He was the eldest living son of the late King Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Prince Faisal bin Turki bin Faisal confirmed the death on Twitter on Sunday.
Prince Bandar's sons, however, hold important posts: Prince Faisal bin Bandar is governor of Riyadh; Prince Abdullah bin Bandar heads the National Guard; Prince Abdullah bin Bandar is deputy governor of Mecca; and Prince Khalid bin Bandar serves as an adviser to King Salman.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead