Saudi Official Says Two Extremists Killed Inside Their Car
The incident was reported late Thursday by state-linked Saudi media showing a car engulfed in fire and thick plumes of black smoke
Picture for representation.
Riyadh: A spokesman for Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry says security forces have fired at a car, setting it on fire, and killing two extremists inside in a restive town in the country's eastern province.
Maj Gen Mansour al-Turki said in a statement early on Friday that security forces in the heavily Shiites populated town of Qatif spotted a stolen car Thursday evening and found inside it weapons and remain of munition that cause the explosion.
The incident was reported late Thursday by state-linked Saudi media showing a car engulfed in fire and thick plumes of black smoke.
Violence between Shiite militants and security forces there has increased in recent weeks, with several incidents of militants firing rocket-propelled grenades at police. The Islamic State group has previously launched attacks on Shiites in Qatif.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh Reveals That He Takes Time Management Tips From Deepika Padukone
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried