Saudi Official Says Two Extremists Killed Inside Their Car
The incident was reported late Thursday by state-linked Saudi media showing a car engulfed in fire and thick plumes of black smoke
Image for representation only.
Riyadh: A spokesman for Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry says security forces have fired at a car, setting it on fire, and killing two extremists inside in a restive town in the country's eastern province.
Maj Gen Mansour al-Turki said in a statement early on Friday that security forces in the heavily Shiites populated town of Qatif spotted a stolen car Thursday evening and found inside it weapons and remain of munition that cause the explosion.
The incident was reported late Thursday by state-linked Saudi media showing a car engulfed in fire and thick plumes of black smoke.
Violence between Shiite militants and security forces there has increased in recent weeks, with several incidents of militants firing rocket-propelled grenades at police. The Islamic State group has previously launched attacks on Shiites in Qatif.
Recommended For You
- A Burger, French Fries And Some Artificial Intelligence With Your Next McDonald’s Order
- Apple Pushed Another Critical Service With News+, Apple Card, TV+ and Arcade, And it is Called Privacy
- 'Obviously My Fault': Buttler when Mankaded in 2014
- NASA Cancels First All-Female Spacewalk Owing to Lack of Spacesuit in Woman's Size
- Avengers Endgame: AR Rahman Creates India's Marvel Anthem
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s