Second Suspect Arrested Over Stockholm Truck Attack: Swedish Court
A second suspect was arrested on Sunday in connection with the Stockholm truck attack that killed four people and injured 15, a district court said.
Drottninggatan following Friday's terror attack in central Stockholm, Sweden, Sunday, April 9, 2017. (Photo courtesy: Noella Johansson/TT News Agency via Reuters)
Stockholm: A second suspect was arrested on Sunday in connection with the Stockholm truck attack that killed four people and injured 15, a district court said.
"I can confirm that a second person has been arrested," Stockholm district court judge Helga Hullman told AFP.
The prosecution has until Wednesday to ask a court to remand the suspect in custody, Rosander said.
A first suspect has been officially identified as a 39-year-old man from Uzbekistan and "applied for a permanent residency permit in 2014", a request later rejected, police said on Sunday.
The vehicle mowed down shoppers before slamming into the facade of the busy Ahlens department store.
The motive for the attack is not known.
Recommended For You
- Aggression's Fine, We Don't Want Robots, Says Brett Lee
- Roger Federer's Winning Streak Halted by del Potro at Indian Wells
- 'Always Trusted Dinesh Karthik's Ability to Finish Game'
- Esha Deol Reveals First Look of Short Film; See Picture
- Censor Board Chief Prasoon Joshi Says Nobody's Voice Should Be Referred To As 'Fringe'