Secret Service Investigating Woman's Anti-Trump Tweet
The US Secret Service is investigating a Twitter posting by a Kentucky woman who suggested someone could assassinate President Donald Trump.
File photo of US President Donald Trump (Image: Reuters)
Louisville: The US Secret Service is investigating a Twitter posting by a Kentucky woman who suggested someone could assassinate President Donald Trump.
The agency's field office in Louisville has interviewed Heather Lowrey and conducted a background check.
The tweet, according to a screenshot provided to The Courier-Journal, says "If someone was cruel enough to assassinate MLK, maybe someone will be kind enough to assassinate Trump."
Special Agent Richard Ferretti said Tuesday that once the investigation concludes, the results will be sent to the US Attorney's office, which would decide on any potential charges.
Federal law prohibits threats to the president and the crime is punishable by at least one year in prison and a maximum of five years. Ferretti suggested Internet users "think twice" before sending social media posts.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui on #MeToo Allegations Against Rajkumar Hirani: Why Unnecessarily Create it All Again
- India & Kohli Consolidate Test Rankings, Pujara Moves to Third
- Viswasam is the Biggest Hit in Tamil Superstar Ajith's Career
- PUBG Mobile's Zombies Mode Will Roll-Out in January 2019 Says Tencent Games
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s