Secret Service Investigating Woman's Anti-Trump Tweet
The US Secret Service is investigating a Twitter posting by a Kentucky woman who suggested someone could assassinate President Donald Trump.
File photo of US President Donald Trump (Image: Reuters)
Louisville: The US Secret Service is investigating a Twitter posting by a Kentucky woman who suggested someone could assassinate President Donald Trump.
The agency's field office in Louisville has interviewed Heather Lowrey and conducted a background check.
The tweet, according to a screenshot provided to The Courier-Journal, says "If someone was cruel enough to assassinate MLK, maybe someone will be kind enough to assassinate Trump."
Special Agent Richard Ferretti said Tuesday that once the investigation concludes, the results will be sent to the US Attorney's office, which would decide on any potential charges.
Federal law prohibits threats to the president and the crime is punishable by at least one year in prison and a maximum of five years. Ferretti suggested Internet users "think twice" before sending social media posts.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh's Father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani Welcomes Deepika Padukone in True Filmy Style
- Volkswagen Directed to Pay Rs 100 Crore to CPCB Over Diesel Emissions Scandal
- Pihu Movie Review: You’ll Watch a Small Girl Heading Towards Death With Bated Breath
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?