Seven Killed, Eight Injured in Gas Explosion in Bangladesh
The pipeline exploded in front of a five-storey building, blowing some of its walls off. The cause of the explosion couldn't be ascertained immediately.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Dhaka: At least seven people were killed and eight injured on Sunday after a gas pipeline exploded in the Bangladeshi port city of Chittagong, a police official said.
The pipeline exploded in front of a five-storey building, blowing some of its walls off, Mohammad Mohsin said, citing witnesses.
The injured were taken to hospital, he said, adding the death toll could rise as some were in critical condition.
It was not immediately clear what caused the explosion, fire service official Amir Hossain said, adding an investigation was under way.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report