Seven Students Killed As Gravel-laden Truck Crushes Rickshaw in Pakistan's Lahore
Five children and the rickshaw puller died on the spot, while the others were shifted to a nearby hospital in critical condition. However, one of them died later.
File photo of Pakistani flag. (Getty Images)
Lahore: Seven children were among eight persons killed on Friday when a truck loaded with gravel fell on their rickshaw in Pakistan's Punjab province, officials said.
The students were on their way to school when the truck overturned and fell on a rickshaw in Narowal's Zafarwala tehsil, Geo News reported.
Five children and the rickshaw puller died on the spot, while the others were shifted to a nearby hospital in critical condition. However, one of them died later, officials said.
Four boys and three girls were among those killed in the accident.
Police are investigating and have registered a case against the truck driver.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough