Sheikha Hala, Former Wife of Bahrain's Crown Prince, Dies
The state-run Bahrain News Agency announced Sheikha Hala's death early Sunday morning. It offered no details, nor gave her age.
File photo of Bahrain Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa. (Image: Reuters)
Dubai: Sheikha Hala bint D'aji Al Khalifa, the former wife of Bahrain's crown prince, has died.
The state-run Bahrain News Agency announced Sheikha Hala's death early Sunday. It offered no details, and did not give her age.
The news agency described her as the "former wife" of Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa. The couple had four children, including Prince Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa, who is second in line to the throne.
Sheikha Hala kept a low profile, but launched an anti-child abuse program in 2003. She also did other charity work.
Bahrain, off the coast of Saudi Arabia, is home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet and a British naval base. The kingdom is in the midst of a years long crackdown on all dissent.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother at Jonas Brothers Concert
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra