Six Killed, 52 Injured in Head-on Collision of Two Buses in Sri Lanka
A Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) bus travelling towards Colombo from Elpitiya collided with a private bus travelling towards Galle around 5.15 am on Sunday.
Colombo: At least six persons, including three women, were killed and 52 others injured on Sunday when two buses collided head-on in Sri Lanka, police said.
A Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) bus travelling towards Colombo from Elpitiya collided with a private bus travelling towards Galle around 5.15 am on Sunday, police Media spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara was quoted as saying by the Colombo Gazette.
Three men and three women have been killed in the accident and 52 passengers were injured, he said.
The injured have been admitted to the Nagoda General Hospital in Kalutara. Among the injured are 43 men, 8 women and a child, Gunasekara said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy