Six Killed, 52 Injured in Head-on Collision of Two Buses in Sri Lanka
A Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) bus travelling towards Colombo from Elpitiya collided with a private bus travelling towards Galle around 5.15 am on Sunday.
Colombo: At least six persons, including three women, were killed and 52 others injured on Sunday when two buses collided head-on in Sri Lanka, police said.
A Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) bus travelling towards Colombo from Elpitiya collided with a private bus travelling towards Galle around 5.15 am on Sunday, police Media spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara was quoted as saying by the Colombo Gazette.
Three men and three women have been killed in the accident and 52 passengers were injured, he said.
The injured have been admitted to the Nagoda General Hospital in Kalutara. Among the injured are 43 men, 8 women and a child, Gunasekara said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring