Six Killed in Explosion at a Fireworks Shop in China
At least six persons have been killed in an explosion at a fireworks shop in a market in Yueyang City of central China's Hunan Province.
Beijing: At least six persons have been killed in an explosion at a fireworks shop in a market in Yueyang City of central China's Hunan Province.
At least six persons were suffocated in the fire in the blasts late last night. One another was hospitalised and is now in stable condition, according to local authorities, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The incident took place in a commercial and residential building at 9:08 PM on Tuesday.
It was triggered by firecrackers lit by a buyer outside the store after purchase.
China permits fireworks to be used in month long Chinese New Year celebrations, starting from January 27.
Recommended For You
- Jawa Motorcycle to Reintroduce Yezdi Bikes in India, Launch Expected in 2020 - Report
- Marathon Guide: The Ten Running Shoes to Splurge on to Try Beat The Clock
- Shah Rukh Khan Visits Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh in New York with Gauri, Suhana
- Sara Ali Khan Proves She is the New Fashionista on Koffee With Karan with Dad Saif Ali Khan
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight