Six Killed in Explosion at a Fireworks Shop in China
At least six persons have been killed in an explosion at a fireworks shop in a market in Yueyang City of central China's Hunan Province.
Beijing: At least six persons have been killed in an explosion at a fireworks shop in a market in Yueyang City of central China's Hunan Province.
At least six persons were suffocated in the fire in the blasts late last night. One another was hospitalised and is now in stable condition, according to local authorities, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The incident took place in a commercial and residential building at 9:08 PM on Tuesday.
It was triggered by firecrackers lit by a buyer outside the store after purchase.
China permits fireworks to be used in month long Chinese New Year celebrations, starting from January 27.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty to Tax Fraud at Madrid Court, Accepts Suspended Sentence
- Daughter Riddhima Shares Throwback Photos on Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's 39th Wedding Anniversary
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Missing in Plane Crash: French Police
- This YouTuber Flew Down From Hong Kong to Play PewDiePie's Diss Track Outside T-Series HQ in Noida
- This Woman Draws D**ck Pics on Her Running App to Mark the Routes She has Taken
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s