Stockholm Truck Attack Suspect Confesses to 'Terrorist Crime'
The Stockholm truck attack suspect has confessed to deliberately driving the stolen vehicle into crowds in the Swedish capital, his lawyer said on Tuesday.
In this police handout picture of a man who is wanted in connection with the truck incident on Friday April 7, 2017, that killed and injured several people in Stockholm, Sweden. Swedish police are searching for the man and say they cannot yet say how many people were killed or injured when a truck ran into a crowd in central Stockholm. (Police / TT via AP)
Stockholm: The Stockholm truck attack suspect has confessed to deliberately driving the stolen vehicle into crowds in the Swedish capital, his lawyer said on Tuesday.
During a court hearing here, 39-year-old Uzbek Rakhmat Akilov admitted to committing a "terrorist crime" last week in which four people were killed and 15 others were injured, reported BBC.
Johan Eriksson, defending Akilov, told the court: "His position is that he admits to a terrorist crime and accepts. Therefore, he will be detained."
Two Swedes, one Belgian and a Briton were the victims of the last Friday attack.
Nine people remained hospitalised, two of them in serious condition.
The truck driven by Akilov had crashed into the front of Ahlens department store on Drottninggatan (Queen Street), one of the city's main pedestrian thoroughfares.
Recommended For You
- Period. End of Sentence: Hope the Oscar Nomination Leads to More Awareness and Donations, Says Guneet Monga
- Xiaomi Mi 9 With Snapdragon 855, Triple-Cameras, And Upto 12GB RAM Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: Everything You Need to Know About the Folding Smartphone
- Ford Endeavour Available With Discounts Upto Rs 1 Lakh, 2019 Facelift Model Launch Soon
- PM Narendra Modi Pushes Green Mobility in India: Electric Train, Buses and EV Policy for Cars
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s