Strong 6.1 Earthquake Off Coast of Fiji
A shallow 6.1-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Fiji on Saturday, the US Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of damage.
Image only for representational purpose
Suva: A shallow 6.1-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Fiji on Saturday, the US Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of damage.
The quake, recorded at 6:11 pm (0611 GMT) was centred 152 kilometres southwest of Nadi and 238 kilometres from the capital Suva at a depth of 10 kilometres.
A 7.2-magnitude earthquake was recorded in the same region a week ago.
That tremor was felt in Nadi but did not cause any damage.
The area lies on the Pacific "Ring of Fire", a highly active tectonic zone that frequently experiences earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Gayle - Jovial and Fun-loving Everywhere, Firm With Youngsters
- Woman Scribbles ‘It’s Real’ After Being ‘Dead’ for 27 Minutes
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s