Suspected Islamist Arrested After Knife Attack Near Tunis Parliament
One of the policemen was taken to hospital for treatment after being wounded in the neck, while the other was only lightly wounded, the statement said.
(Photo for representation)
Tunis: A suspected Islamist militant was arrested on Wednesday after wounding two policemen in a knife attack near the parliament building in Tunis, Tunisia's interior ministry said.
The assailant was known to authorities for radical Islamist views, the statement said.
One of the policemen was taken to hospital for treatment after being wounded in the neck, while the other was only lightly wounded, it said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Step-over Has Latest Victim as Juventus Star Scores 701st Goal | Watch
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it