Taliban Attacks Military in Western Afghanistan, 14 Soldiers Killed
The Taliban attack, which happened in the Ghor province late on Friday, also wounded seven others, said the spokesperson for the Provincial Governor.
Image for representation.
Kabul: An Afghan official said that the Taliban has killed at least 14 members of a pro-government militia in an attack on checkpoints in the western Ghor province.
Abdul Hai Khateby, the spokesman for the Provincial Governor, said that seven other militiamen were wounded in the attack which took place late on Friday, with two of them in critical condition.
Khateby said that reinforcements pushed the Taliban back and inflicted casualties, however he did not give exact figures.
The Taliban, who effectively control about half of the country, carry out daily attacks on Afghan security forces and government targets.
The US has held several rounds of talks with the insurgents in recent months aimed at ending the nearly 18-year war.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Tweets in Sanskrit, Indian Fans Respond with 'Jai Shri Ram'
- PM Modi Clicks Selfie with SRK and Aamir, Twitter Imagines Akshay Kumar's Reaction
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport