'That was Far Better': Trump Takes Swipe at Apple Chief Tim Cook for Ditching iPhone Home Button
Trump switched from an Android mobile to an iPhone in March 2017, the same year Apple dropped the physical home button from its top models.
File photo of US President Donald Trump.
Washington: United States President Donald Trump took a swipe at Apple chief Tim Cook with a tweet lamenting the removal of the iPhone home button.
"To Tim: The Button on the IPhone was FAR better than the Swipe!" he tweeted on Friday.
To Tim: The Button on the IPhone was FAR better than the Swipe!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 25, 2019
Trump switched from an Android mobile to an iPhone in March 2017, the same year Apple dropped the physical home button from its top models. This earlier shift seemed to be the target of presidential ire after Apple's latest iPhone 11 release in September.
It is not the first time Trump has cast a critical eye over the tech giant's design choices.
"I cannot believe that Apple didn't come out with a larger screen IPhone. Samsung is stealing their business. STEVE JOBS IS SPINNING IN GRAVE," he had tweeted in September 2013.
The tweet also comes after a gaffe in March when he referred to Cook as "Tim Apple". Trump later claimed the naming was deliberate and a "time saving" measure.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kim Kardashian Meets Rodney Reed After Texas Court Stays His Execution
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Study Concludes Apple Watch Can Detect Heart Rate Irregularities
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits
- UP Power Minister Gets Prepaid Electricity Meter at Home to Set Example for Other Politicians